Prestige Hospitality
Having worked freelance around London before my move to the Midlands, I’ve had the opportunity to work at some huge events some VVIP events, luxury hotels and even had some royal guests. To be honest, even the National TV Awards, the Brit awards, it all became a bit, well...normal
A few years ago, I was asked
to look after an actual celebrity wedding – but there was a twist. Three-day takeover of a Country house hotel
in Shropshire with events on each day, guests bussed in from a nearby
hotel. The Bride and Groom are actors;
the bride’s father was a famous child star in the beginnings of Bollywood. Looking back, it feels almost surreal to see
that Bride and Groom on the red carpet at the premiere of his new Netflix show.
The wedding itself though
wasn’t all Hello magazine and OTT security; it was a typical (albeit three day)
family wedding. Nobody had any airs and
graces, nobody thought they were better than anyone else. Twice a day the coach arrived, and twice a
day I’d jump aboard to greet the guests and let them know the timeline. Twice a day I’d greet Benny, usually checking
out complimenting his latest outfit.
Benny was just another guest, a friend of the couple. On the last day, before they left, Benny
grabbed a selfie with me and followed me on Instagram, as guests often do. It wasn’t until I got home that I discovered
Benny is a Bollywood star and has now over a million followers! At the wedding, he was just Benny.
My contact in the bride’s
party was one of India’s “Next Top Model”, the bride’s sister an accomplished
actor in her own right. There was even a
sitcom star I’d grown up watching.
Almost every guest had a blue tick on Instagram, but for three days it
was just a family wedding – and such a wonderful one.
From managing food truck
lines on day one to stage host on day two and Master of Ceremonies for the actual
wedding, I just did my job as I always do, and my couple were just like any
other.
Working with high end
suppliers was a dream – an international wedding planner, expert caterers and skilled
media team - we worked as one to deliver a seamless celebration, even on the
third day when we had 45 minutes to feed 150 guests via buffet stations. A team meeting before and team high fives
afterwards!
Royalty, show biz, celebrity
weddings, family weddings. It’s all a day’s
work


Comments
Post a Comment