Tracking the Wedding Trends

 

Indicative pic for illustration


I read a lot of articles about weddings – it’s kind of my job! – but when I see “trends” I tend to be a little sceptical, because sometimes they’re “predicting” what they’re selling… or what they want to sell.

Yesterday I read a new trend report, but this one was different. It backs up the predictions with genuine research on search trends and draws on a panel of wedding experts. It is, of course, a Bridebook report.

So what do Zoe from Bridebook and her experts say is coming for 2027? Well, funnily enough, a lot of what they’re seeing matches what we’re already experiencing.

The word of 2027 is “whimsy”, and embraces smaller, more curated weddings filled with little details and personal touches – that got my attention! The vibe is Mediterranean, with fabrics, warm colours, scents, spritz receptions (very on trend right now), and informal food in an Italian family‑dining style. Evening food goes with the theme too – less buffet, more food truck.

Whilst I’m not always interested in trend predictions, this one absolutely speaks to me. It’s like bringing the warm Mediterranean Mamma Mia vibe to the English countryside with locally resourced flowers and loose, mismatched displays – Med Sun meets English Rose. Even the hero colour is Buttercup yellow!

To get the best from this kind of wedding, with all the personality woven into it, couples will need either an experienced host/master of ceremonies (Hi, I’m the Wedding Butler) or someone to maintain the flow so that they can host (Hi, I’m the Wedding Butler!). I don’t mean someone who looks at your plan and says “yeah, I can probably manage that”, I mean someone who can confidently say “I can absolutely take care of that for you.”

Whether it’s an intimate gathering with a light touch or a larger day that needs to be kept flowing, my hospitality and wedding experience over four decades means I can absolutely take care of it – from hosting to pouring, formal to flow.

Whimsy doesn’t need a coordinator - it needs a conductor



 You can read the full report on Bridebook here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon A Time...The Importance of Stories

🌙 Twilight Weddings - A Modern Shift in the Wedding Landscape

Wedding Breakfasts - Etiquette and a How To!